Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pacific Rim


Summary quote from imdb :

'As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.'


My Opinion :

Initially, I was pretty sure that it was just gonna be another one of those transformer movies, just with maybe sub-par animation technologies which are less fluid and realistic. Oh boy, was I surprised, this movie was actually really good.

The action was superb. The amalgamation of excellent and loud sound effects with the intensity of the fights really kept my eyes glued to the screen and hands tucked tightly under my thighs. In addition, its not that regular good guys are always stronger and own 90% of the time crap. The battles were really back and forth and they even killed certain key characters in the other Jaegers (machines), showing the dominance the fuckin kaiju (monsters) had in their attacks. Action was definitely deserving a 4-4.5/5. The reason im not giving it 5/5 is cause nothing in this world is perfect D: . lol.

Storyline wise, I won't deny that its not some kind of artsy mcbeth war kind of shit, however, for a action movie of this calibre, the story line and characters definitely did engaged me. Definitely not a film which is only driven by action packed scenes, but has that subtle humane touch as well.

Don't really wanna spoil too much by going into too much detail (I'm lazy too). Basically, the whole point of me allocating a post to a movie means that I highly recommend it and you must catch it!! Trust me m8s.

No comments:

Post a Comment