Sunday, August 2, 2015

2XU Compresssion Run 2015


I must say, the marketing done by this company is splendid. It has gone through my skepticism of paying for over-priced shit but I did it anyway because I really liked it.

Damage for the run was about 60 bucks, I also opted to get the 'Elite MCS' compression short tights which cost me another 100+. I was actually advised to go for the full legging tights as it was my calf that's usually the one that cramps in these endurance runs, but it's just so damn ugly :( so nope lol.

Race Pack Collection

Headed down to Velocity @ Novena at around lunch time on Friday (13/3/15) and I tell you, the place was packed like fuck! I did not expect so many people at a non-peak hour time but surprise surprise, the queue actually lasted all the way out of the mall and to the next building and it was still going.

 The Long Queue

Checked the website on my phone and apparently this race was fully SOLD OUT. I'm probably attributing this to the nicer design of the singlet + the 2XU shoe bag's that they were giving out as a part of the race pack.

The race pack itself included the running singlet, your number tag, pins, and some brochures packed in the shoe bag. Tbh, I really like the design of the shoe bag and would probably be using in the future.


2XU Race Apparels

Race Day - 21.1km

The original race day itself was supposed to be held on 29/3/15. However, due to the passing of our founding father LKY, it was postponed to 2/8/15.

Trained only about 3 weeks prior to the actual race day itself.

Arrived 1 hour prior to the flag-off time. The race-site looked quite make-shift with a couple of tent-ages being set up across a wide grass field. Sat around and waited for them to start directing people into the start pen. As usual, it was quite a clusterfuck.

They were pretty punctual with the gun time. The race started at almost 4:30am. A lot of people were chionging at the start again, as usual (The poser ones usually die out pretty quickly). I just kept my own comfortable pace.

I was pretty happy with myself throughout the whole run as I did not really stop to walk at all. The only times I did were at water points to usually sip the 2 cups of water that I oftenly took as I would kind of choke on it if I tried to drink while running.

The groups that I was with throughout seemed to be those that managed to run all the way as well, which made me feel like I've made some progress and I'm actually getting better at running longer distances.

Crossed the finish line at 2:43, according to my watch at least.

 Official Result


Post-run photo

The finisher-tee was quite nice. Quite liked the black design with the golden coloured strips on it.

Took the shuttle bus to the floating platform and walked to city-hall to get some food. Had Nasi Lemak to replenish those carbs that I've lost.

Took the mrt, then bus home from there. I thought of taking a cab, but I'm a broke little phaggot right now and couldn't afford it.

Overall, I was satisfied with my performance this time. I managed to clock a timing of <3hours (which was my initial goal to begin with) and I did not really walk at all throughout the whole thing.

Will I be running long distance runs again? Probably not anytime soon. This shit's a sadistic sport if your gunning for better timings. We'll see though, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment