Sunday, July 26, 2015

Jumbo Seafood at East Coast Park

It's been awhile since I've last visited Jumbo Seafood (Maybe in Pri/Sec schl?). I was reminded about it when I ran past it during the 2015 Sundown Marathon lol.

There are a couple of branches all over Singapore. I insisted on going to the East Coast Park one though as it had not just a nice sea-view opposite, but was the original branch as well.

Jumbo Seafood @ East Coast Park

When we arrived, there was actually a really long queue to the place. There was even a queue for those (including us) who made reservations. No matter, we were shown to our seats quite promptly still.


Here's what we had:

Salted Egg Golden Prawn

This was the first dish that was served and it was delicious! I understand that they are coating the prawns in flour & egg yolk, but what I don't get is how did they make it so fukin crisp and tasteful.

Scalloped wrapped in Yam Ring

This was served with sweet sauce. Individually, the scallop was soft and the yam ring was flaky and was a pleasure to chew on. However, it was quite hard to bite both at once as the scallop kept falling out lol.


Mee Goreng

Apparently, Jumbo's Mee Goreng is famous. It's a little spicy and the seafood toppings were not as much as I'd hoped for. Still, it was filling, seeing that the previous dishes were all just to 吃爽 and not to 吃饱 - this one served that purpose.


Donut with Seafood Paste

Initially I did not really thought that this dish was anything special as it looked rather plain. In reality, it was really different from what I was expecting - the insides sure as hell wasn't plain. I grabbed quite a few more of these as it was such a yummy treat!


Jumbo Seafood's famous Chilli Crab

Very well known throughout Singapore that Jumbo Seafood's award-winning Chilli Crab is a definite must try for anyone that goes there. The sauce was thick, sweet and not too spicy (despite the name) and the crab itself was fresh and delightful to eat (troublesome though, and messy - cause I noob at eating crab lol). We had the crab with some mantous which we dipped into the Chilli Crab sauce and ate.


Overall, it was quite a nostalgic and nice experience eating at Jumbo again as this place has been around since I was like 10.

Price wise, it can be a little pricey (or at least for low-class me), but still if you are coming once in a while, it's definitely worth the occasional treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment