Friday, January 5, 2018

Thoughts on World of Final Fantasy


For any kind of final fantasy related nostalgia that you've had during your childhood days regarding the whole franchise, this game comes with the perfect answer. CHIBI STYLE

Yep, that's exactly how they look in the game


Essentially, the whole game follows a pokemon style of catch-em, train em and battle system. The mirages that you capture are largely those that you've seen before across the FF franchise. Examples of which include chocobos, moogles and to even the bigger guys like ifrit, shiva, rahmu and bahamut.

Recognise the the similar menu screen & opponent? (Ultimate Weapon)

You can also stack your mirages on each other to aggregate their stats and abilities. If required, you can also unstack them during battle so each one can have a seperate turn. This brings about lots of customisability and some tactics is required for the trickier fights.

My set-up

More nostalgia for you may include champion summons such as Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Yuna, Tidus, etc. During the summons, they even played songs from that particular FF franchise that never fails to make my heart melt.

 Sephiroth's summon - supernova

I swear that I keep getting goosebumps as well everytime I do the Bart summon and 'Clash on the big bridge' song plays. Here's what I mean:

Bart (from FF5) Summon

Other songs such as 'The Decisive Battle' from FF6 and 'To Zanarkand' from FF10 really gets to me too.


I've already beaten the game, but it has also kinda reached the point where I've managed to capture the superboss, XG. This is probably the time where I call it quits lol.

XG superboss captured


This game really did provide me with a very nice trip down memory lane in a cute and comical fashion. It served as a good reminder of those good ol' times that I've had during my childhood gaming days. Here's to never getting old too quickly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment