Friday, June 1, 2018

Tastes of the Borough Market

Building up on the 'Exploring London' & 'Camden Market food visit' entries, here's another one of my food expeditions to London's Borough Market.

The Borough Market is one of the oldest food markets in England, dating back to at least the 12th century. Located next to London Bridge, it houses many stallholders who are farmers, fishermen or producers themselves, selling some of the freshest food you can find.

Entrance

Market floor

The place in itself is pretty tourist-concentric, but nevertheless, the extra pennies was nothing compared to the fresh amazing delights the place provided. Here's some of the stuff they had:

Fresh vegetables

 Fresh fruits

Cheese!

Fish display

Seafood array

Fresh oysters

I've had a go and tried 2 huge Poole Harbor wild rock oysters right off the rack, and I must say that it still had the freshness of the sea still in 'em.

 Cooked scallops

 Paella

 Meat & poultry

Artisan breads

Alcohol display

Fruit cups

I had a great time here as it gave me a good British, market-trading like experience. The foods that you could get were really tasty as well, albeit slightly pricey. If circumstances permit, I may even be back here again to get some of the rawer meats, so that I may bring' em back and prepare them on my own.

Overall, the great food and accommodating vendors, amidst mid-town London makes this market the perfect spot for anyone looking for a nice gourmet get-away experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment