Sunday, June 2, 2013

So its all about some fuckin Window Blinds

Ok, my current room's roman blinds are totally out of order. Firstly, the velcros will no longer stick onto the fuckin installation panel. Secondly, the strings are all out making it impossible to actually pull it up or down. So what I have left of it is the whole fuckin blind clipped together by fucking clothes hanger clippers stuck in a position where my room has almost 0 ventilation.

Now I try to outsource for some sources on where to get new blinds. My brothers room all have them and they are all like 60 bucks each for half of his whole window? Yea, if only it were that simple. Because my windows are of a really crappy and fucked up length, theres no place in cheap heaven ikea for it. Apparently, mine needs to be custom made. Fair enough, I source for online options and I got a fucking quote of 4k to install some fucking blinds? Fuck you lah.

Then I tried shop at IMM which quoted around 1.5k, which is still around 12.5x the amount that my bros had theirs done. Holy shit wtf?

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with these shitty ones. The most that can be done in the most economical fashion is to have the velcros replaced and the strings re-attached somehow, aka fixing my roman blinds instead of getting venetian ones which could potentially solve my air ventilation and room privacy problems.

Really? So much for just installing some stupid blinds that costs 60 bucks in ikea (The lengths in ikea were much longer as well)? Fuck. Gotta DIY alr or some shit already.

This totally reminds me of how people try to overrate their own skills and charge you a fucking marked up price for some menial work which may seem specialized, but may not be actually worth that amount at all. I remembered I was at a guitar shop getting my elixer strings and wanted to ask them to help me re-string at the same time because I was lazy to do it at home. This dumb fucker tries to charge me 60 bucks for that! WTF??!?!?!?! He goes on and on about how my guitar is floyd rose and that its fucking hard to re-string it and needs special 1337 skillz to get it done. Please lah fuck you man, I do it myself all the times, din realise that such a menial skill I thought I had could be worth 60 bucks 1 shot. So for all the times I restringed my guitar I could make a potential total of 60 bucks x (y) amount of times I did it lah. Seriously... Overrating yourselves to make it seem like ur special and that your work is worth lots of shit when it isnt. Fuck society.

Moral : Everything, buy the cheapest (raw materials usually), learn from the mighty internet and DIY as much as possible by yourself, unless its really impossible to do so then get help. If not, just make a fuckin compromise so that you got money to fuckin eat some takos and live. GG rant end. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment